Email Terms and Conditions
There’s nothing hidden or any rules that a reasonable person wouldn’t expect. We try to be fair in terms of credit control, usage tolerance and migrations away and will always act in a manner fair to both you and us as a company.
In addition to our general abbreviated terms and our full legal terms and conditions:
- Payment for all email services, unless agreed otherwise, is in advance. Normally paid at least 7 days prior to the renewal date to allow for any problems.
- Contract terms depend on the payment option chosen, monthly or annually. If you pay monthly, your contract is 30 days rolling. If you pay annually (discounted) your contract is 1 year rolling. Terminating email service requires 14 days notice before your billing period end. There are no part-month or part-year refunds.
- We require 14 days notice of termination notice prior to your renewal date to avoid being charged for the following period. This can be from the primary email account but we recommend recorded mail.
- If you opted to pay by credit card you are agreeing to continuous authority to charge the card we hold on file (securely) until the service or contract is terminated
- We do not permit spamming in any way shape or form. If you are sending bulk emails they should be in compliant with UK law. We operate a responsible mail system and so have limits on the number of emails you can send each day and a 50 recipient CC/BCC maximum.
- As part of our anti-spam monitoring, we reserve the right to suspend an account should any spam-like activity be detected.
- We do not charge for card declines, standing order declines or cheque bounces at present. However, should this happen on more than 3 occasions per year we reserve to right to then charge £20 per incident. Incorrect chargebacks on your card will be charged at £20 per incident (our costs)
- We do not accept liability for loss or loss arising from failure to receive or send emails but will do everything we can to trace and correct any issues.
- We do not keep archived backups of you email box. Our live mirror is just that, a mirror backup of the live state of your account. If you delete email from your account, it is gone forever. We can advise on email backup strategies to avoid this.
- We reserve to right to ask any email account, giving them 30 days notice, to move their email to another provider for any reason we see fit (whilst this will only be in extreme cases). We will refund any full months paid. We will terminate accounts without notice for users sending spam or using their email or hosting facilities for illegal activities without refund.
Reliability of Email
In reality email is never a perfect science or system. Email can get lost (extremely rare) or can get wrongly identified as spam. Whilst we do everything we can to prevent any errors, it is possible. We log all email traffic for 90 days and can trace everything within our network based on the Email headers (we do not store the body of emails, log it’s contents, log filtering of content – outside of the emails being stored within your own account folders on our server).
We don’t have direct access to the content of your emails or password, therefore no-one else can access them without your username and password.
We are often asked if emails can be intercepted on the internet or indeed if we can read peoples emails. Just like normal mail, the answer to both is yes. However, our staff cannot easily read the content of your emails on their systems but can see the headers (to, from, subject, dates and size information). It’s incredibly difficult for us to then read the body of your emails but it is possible. It does not happen though – we deal with millions of emails per day and staff are not permitted to use any methods to read the email content (only key members have staff have the actual ability to do this and it has to be approved by senior management and for very good reason or a court order). If you don’t want email to be intercepted on the internet itself then you should use encryption software. SSL encryption, which our system uses, only works if the recipients email system uses SSL or TLS too. If this is the case, the email body is encrypted from end to end and cannot be read until it reaches the recipient. If you want advice about how to make your email more secure, please contact us.